At Zound we build audio products that put people first. In an industry that looks the same, we dare to be different and question the status-quo. Behind the scenes, we’re a band of hard-working, fun-loving, problem-solving, easy-going, creative people. And we’re here to bring life to sound.
The world of audio is changing. Smart speakers and headsets are turning audio into a high-tech industry. In the last few years, Zound Industries products have gone from simple wired devices to connected and complex IoT devices.
We are now strengthening our software & platform team and are looking for an ambitious, tech-savy and collaborative Lead Software Engineer to drive our software concept development. In this role, you will get a unique opportunity to:
• Work hands-on in product development projects together with our partners to develop software platform for devices with backend services and mobile apps
• Work in a fast-growing and fast-paced work environment with a start-up mindset
• Collaborate with a variety of disciplines, ranging from product and tech; to design, acoustics, sales and brand
• Explore new technologies to implement on our products
• Support the organization with technology opportunities and technology strategy
• Improve our ways of working with software and have experience with embedded systems and software architecture
Who you are: Skills & Experiences
• Deep understanding of software development on Firmware
• Deep understanding of Bluetooth on a communication layer
• Familiar with hardware devices that communicate on the Core bluetooth protocol (Bluetooth Classic)
• Very familiar with protocol differences between Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and Bluetooth classic
• Very familiar of Generic Attribute Profile (GATT)
• Experience with Core Bluetooth Framework
• Deep interest in BLE Audio
• Knowledgeable on MFi and CTKD pairing flows
• Familiar with ANC and DSP
• Interested in NFC
• Initiate and lead pre-studies on new technologies
To succeed in this role
• A proven track record from working with complex software and product development
• A natural ability to modularize software and systems
• Strategic yet hands-on, happy to create a prototype to show how it should work
• You have a great interest in new trends and technology
• You have most likely a MSc in Computer Science or similar
• We expect you to have a broad experience in Software development tools and technologies and that you are used to picking up new skills on a regular basis.
Having a cooperative mind set aimed at adding value to Zound’s culture will be fundamental as you will collaborate with different departments and disciplines. As Zound Industries is a diverse and global company, we see that you have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and preferably another language.
We thrive to foster an inclusive workplace and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status. We firmly believe that Zound thrives when our employees do and it will in the end lead to better experiences for our consumers.
Does this sound like you? So, if you are up to the task of being responsible for software concept development in a fast moving, innovative and playful organization, this job is a perfect match for you. Please show your interest as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously.
We look forward to your application!
A bit about us
Zound Industries brings life to sound through the adidas, Marshall and Urbanears brands, offering a wide range of iconic and award-winning products. Zound is a global company with offices in Stockholm, New York, London, Paris, Shenzhen and Hong Kong.