A bit about us
Zound Industries brings life to sound through the adidas, Marshall and Urbanears brands, offering a wide range of iconic and award-winning products. Zound is a global company with offices in Stockholm, New York, London, Paris, Shenzhen and Hong Kong.
We build audio products that put people first. In an industry that looks the same, we dare to be different and question the status-quo. Behind the scenes, we’re a band of hard-working, fun-loving, problem-solving, easy-going, creative people. And we’re here to bring life to sound.
About the role
Right now, we need to strengthen our hardware team with a Mechanical Engineer with surface modeling experience. In this role, you develop and validate the mechanical design in the concept phase as well as supporting our partners in the execution stage of projects.
You are a part of a development team where cross functional work takes center stage; collaboration is key to make great products. Working closely with Industrial design, UX, acoustics, electronics and SW, your role is to bring concepts to life. You are the interface between Zound and our partners within the scope of mechanical engineering.
Key responsibilities, but not limited to
● Broad role ranging from advanced surface modeling to implementation of new technology, contributing to a strong consumer experience with regards to acoustic performance, ergonomics, functionality, visual expression and sustainability.
● Work closely with Industrial Design to find efficient engineering solutions to design intention
● Evaluate and propose mechanical solutions considering cost, reliability, quality and time constraints
● Responsible for the planning & building of prototypes to verify concepts and technical solutions
● Responsible for the creation of the concept 3D cad file, including A-surface handling
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for a proactive, pragmatic and solution-oriented Mechanical Engineer with excellent surface modeling skills and with a can-do attitude to join our HW team. A cooperative mind set aimed at adding value to Zound’s operations will be fundamental.
Experiences & skills
● 3+ years of relevant experience in a similar position as a Mechanical Engineer, preferably in the consumer electronics/consumer products
● Experienced surface modeling in either SolidWorks or Alias (or similar)
● Experience in designing and developing in plastics as well as basic knowledge of plastic tooling
● Workshop and 3D printer knowledge, a hands on approach to product development and concepting
● Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering
● Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
We thrive to foster an inclusive workplace and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status. We firmly believe that Zound thrives when our employees do and it will in the end lead to better experiences for our consumers.
Does this sound like you?
If you have a want to work for a global company that is that’s going places. Join our team and become part of our journey. Please send us your resume as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously.
We look forward to your application!
Find out more
● Get a taste backstage behind the scenes at Zound Instagram and Linkedin
● Read more about us at Zound website and brand sites - Marshall, adidas, Urbanears