Senior Engineering Manager
Development & Production - Stockholm
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead our new engineering team.
Our ambitious product development schedule means we need somebody who can develop our engineering function, inspire our team of engineers and make sure we continue to deliver headphones and speakers that define our time.
This role will focus on mechanics, but you should also have a good knowledge of electro mechanics and interaction with electronics, product development and outsourced production.
You will need great leadership skills to drive development of the new engineering function. It will be your role to secure the right resources, define roles and responsibilities, as well as establishing an efficient way of working in a matrix organizational set up.
A seasoned collaborator, you will work with the project management team, design manager, product managers and other parts of the development organization to plan project activities. And you will build great relationships and develop work methodology together with our subcontractors and partners in China.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop the engineering function
o Develop and lead our global engineering function within a cross-functional organizational set up
o Define roles and responsibilities, work streams and ways of working for the engineering team in Stockholm and China, as well as with our development partners
o Develop the product journey process and deliverables for the engineering function, of which you also are process owner
o Build great relationships and develop work methodology together with our subcontractors and partners in China
• Lead and develop the team
o Manage budget, plan, negotiate and follow up outcome
o Define long- and short-term targets for the organization
o Manage work streams and checklists
o Develop and lead each team member as well as conduct development talks, salary negotiations, define KPI’s, and set bonus fulfillments
o Secure the right capabilities, and manage consultants and external partners
• Securing project capabilities
o Resource planning. Make sure resources with the right skills are allocated on projects in the best possible way
o Make sure that the organization has the right resources for future projects and technologies
o Ensure that the project works according to agreed process and working methods
o Ensure that the products are developed to function under given operational and environmental requirements
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Master’s degree in engineering
• 5+ years’ experience within project management, resource planning/allocation and leadership within engineering
• Management experience from consumer product development
• Experience of developing organization in
• Experience of the consumer products industry and familiarity with the whole product development process
• Experience of developing an organization in and entrepreneurial spirit
• Experience of working with production and development partners in Asia
• Solid understanding of requirement handling and documentation
• Solid understanding of the design process within product development
• Proactive and self-motivated
• Ability to define and implement processes
• Fluently in English, both spoken and written
Does this sound like you?
So, if you are up to the task of leading our engineering team in a fast-moving organization in constant change, this job is a perfect match for you. Please send us your resume and along with description about why you’d like to join us as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously. However, since the summer and vacation is here, we will get back to you with feedback and next steps in August.