Business Development Manager
Sales - Stockholm
A bit about us
Zound Industries design, develop, manufacture and market headphones and speakers under the brand names Marshall and Urbanears. Our mission is to create unique experiences in the intersection between lifestyle and tech that enrich people’s lives. With a genuine passion for new technology and user-centric innovation, we aim to create products that define our time. Zound has gone from strength to strength since first hitting the market in 2009, launching a wide range of iconic and award-winning products.
We are a fast-growing company with our products selling in more than +120 markets. We have approximately 250 employees across our offices in in Stockholm, New York, Paris, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. In 2018, turnover hit an all-time high of SEK 1.8 billion, and a new partnership with adidas was announced, with initial products launching in the second half of 2019. You can find out more about us by following our Instagram or check out our Linkedin page.
About the role
Last year Zound sold over 2 million headphones and 1 million speakers. Driving this success was our sales team. They work with our partner retailers and distributors to get our products into the hands of our consumers. But they’re more than that. They’re part of the Zound experience. Right now, we are looking for a Business Development Manager to join the team.
The main responsibility of the role is to drive sales and manage partners within the EMEA region as well as developing new partnerships in established or new categories across the globe.
Reporting to the Sales Director EMEA, you will need a combination of an entrepreneurial mindset and a drive to build business. This is a unique opportunity to have major impact in a fun, fast growing entrepreneurial company.
As Business Development Manager, your aim will be to improve Zound Industries’ market position and achieve financial growth. You will define long-term strategic goals, build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
Deliver on current partner base
• Implement and execute the overall plan for distributors in appointed emerging markets in EMEA. Build business plans for each of the markets and optimise growth and profitability for each of them.
• Evaluate new markets, identify potential and propose market entry model
• Work with Sales Director EMEA to define priorities and investments in line with global strategies and brand plans.
• Establish strong plans that cover the product portfolio, marketing and promotional activity, revenue and volume.
• Develop relationships into strong strategic and robust partnerships. Invest time to understand the key priorities for each partner and KPI’s for key stakeholders.
• Voice the ‘regional’ needs of partners, consumer demands and market trends.
• Manage budget, planning and secure tools needed for monitor and follow up.
• Report KPI’s and key insights to Sales Director EMEA and other stakeholders.
Develop new business partnerships
• Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business. Research and build relationships with new clients both B2B and B2C.
• Partners can be global or regional, specific to a certain sales channel or customer segment.
• Identify opportunities for campaigns, services and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales. Zound products are traditionally strong in consumer electronics, telco, lifestyle, fashion and interior channels.
• Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Who we are looking for
• At least five years of sales experience in either a retail, manufacturing, telecom or consumer electronic environment with an established network and industry influence
• Documented successful KAM or business development experience in building long lasting business relationships with B2B, retail and distributor partners that result in strong sales growth;
• Experience of working in an international environment, developing sales plans and leading execution, preferably within the retail industry;
• Solid understanding and experience of brands and branding within the competitive landscape across key markets
• An entrepreneurial and collaborative approach and the ability to have impact and influence
• An outgoing personality with a passion for business, winning, people and product technology
• Strong numeric and planning skills plus ability to develop, implement and manage complete account business and promotional plans
• Ideally, a Bachelor’s degree
• Great communication skills in English
Does this sound like you?
So, if you are up to the task of being responsible for driving new business opportunities for a fast growth company in constant change, this job is a perfect match for you. Please send us your resume and along with description about why you’d like to join us as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously. However, since the summer and vacation is here, we will get back to you with feedback and next steps in August.