A bit about us
Zound Industries design, develop, manufacture and market headphones and speakers under the brand names Marshall, Urbanears and adidas. Our mission is to create unique experiences in the intersection between lifestyle and tech that enrich people’s lives. With a genuine passion for new technology and user-centric innovation, we aim to create products that define our time.
Zound has gone from strength to strength since first hitting the market in 2009, launching a wide range of iconic and award-winning products. We are a fast-growing company with our products selling in more than +120 markets. We have approximately 250 employees across our offices in in Stockholm, New York, Paris, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. In 2018, turnover hit an all-time high of SEK 1.8 billion.
About the role
Zound Industries is in a strong growth phase and is now looking for a Senior Accountant with solid experience and a specialty in topics such as IFRS, tax and VAT. You will take on an important position and work close to the business with varied and qualified work in a dynamic environment. With a hungry attitude you’ll contribute with structure and responsibility in a colorful and fast-growing industry.
You will report to our Finance Manager and have a central position in the finance department but also work close to the controller team to verify that accounting is done in accordance with the laws and company's accounting rules and policies.
The Finance team consists of nine persons in Stockholm, including CFO and four controllers, who work closely with each other. You will also have regular contact with the finance departments in the US, China and accounting firms in UK, Hong Kong and France.
Key responsibilities but not limited to
• Senior responsibility for qualified accounting issues such as IFRS, VAT and taxes
• Participation in monthly, quarterly and year-end closing
• Annual report and declaration
• Ensure internal control
• Reconciliations, analysis and reporting
• Questions and support regarding AP and system MediusFlow
• Contact with auditors and Tax authorities etc.
• Operate and develop improvement projects within the accounting area
About you / Your background
We’re looking for a proactive, pragmatic and solution-oriented Senior Accountant with excellent accounting skills and a doer attitude to join our Finance Department.
• Highly skilled professional with a Business/Finance university degree and at least 3 years of experience in a similar position on group level within an International company
• Solid Accounting, audit and IFRS knowledge, preferably also group accounting
• Work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Well developed inter-personal and communication skills
• Excellent Excel skills such as pivot tables, lookups, filters and logical formulas
• System oriented in Aaro, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, and QlikSense is a plus
• As Zound Industries is a diverse and global company, we see that you have excellent oral and written communication skills in English
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and in the end better experiences for our consumers.
This is great opportunity to join Zound Industries, a diverse and global company where you get the possibility to work in multi-lingual and multi-cultural project teams. At Zound we have an interesting mix of competencies from a variety of disciplines, ranging from product and technology, design, acoustics, sales, brand and marketing. We believe in teamwork knowing that our collective energy creates our exceptional Zound environment hence a cooperative mind set aimed at adding value to Zound’s operations will be fundamental.
Does this sound like you?
So, if you’re up for the task of working for one of Sweden’s most dynamic companies where we create magic together, this job is a perfect match for you. Please send us your resume and along with description about why you’d like to join us as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously.