At Zound we are driven by consumer-focused design and insight-centric innovation. Harnessing consumer, design and business insights we develop, market and sell products that are needed, loved and remembered.
Right now, we need to strengthen our Legal team with a passionate Legal Counsel to partner up with key business stakeholders across the organization to drive a variety of legal matters. Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer, you will make a real business impact at a global level for our iconic brands Marshall, Urbanears, and adidas.
In this role, you will:
• Work closely with multidisciplinary teams, ranging from sales to product and tech, brand & marketing
• Be part of a fast-growing and entrepreneurial environment where no two day is the same;
• Make sure legal innovation continue to be a business enabler in a company that is rapidly scaling up.
• Draft, review and negotiate contracts on a global level, mainly;
-commercial contracts with distributors, retailers, and e-tailers
-suppliers of hardware, software and other goods and services
-partners and agencies
• Review various contracts to ensure minimum risk for Zound in terms of commitments, exposure to warranties and indemnities etc.
• Ensure compliance with data protection laws and other legal and regulatory requirements
• Manage claims and litigations and support infringement actions
• Conduct legal research relating to various countries around the world
• Draft and hold internal presentations (for example, training managers in legal matters before negotiations)
• Ensure proper administration and maintenance of legal documentation such as storage of contracts, NDAs, etc.
Who we’re looking for:
You are analytical, pragmatic, and service-oriented advocate of providing practical and actionable advice in a user-friendly manner. You are excited to learn new skills, curious about technology and extremely passionate about how legal can impact the business in the best possible way. A cooperative mind set aimed at adding value to Zound’s operations will be fundamental.
Experiences & skills:
• A few years of experience working for a law firm and/or as in-house counsel
• Experience of drafting, reviewing and negotiating various commercial agreements
• Experience of working with GDPR/privacy law
• Meriting with experience working with license agreements and intellectual property
• Master of Laws degree
As Zound Industries is a diverse and global company, we see that you have excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination and we strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and in the end better experiences for our consumers.
Does this sound like you?
So, if you are up to the task of driving key legal matters in a company that is rapidly scaling up, this job is a perfect match for you, please send us your resume as soon as possible as we are reviewing candidates continuously.
We´re looking forward to your application!
A bit about us
Zound Industries designs and develops speakers and headphones under the brand names adidas, Marshall and Urbanears. With a strong focus on innovative technology and user-centered design, Zound has launched a wide range of iconic, award-winning products. Zound currently has around 250 employees, with offices in Stockholm, New York, London, Paris, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. In 2019 turnover reached about SEK 2.0 billion.